Solar Powered Generators
These New Full Solar and Wind Power generator systems can provide constant power day and night! The solar panels charge your system during the day with the sun and the wind generators as an add-on can charge your power system 24 hours a day! Get all your power needs from the sun and wind with one of these full solar power systems. These systems take power generated from the sun and or wind and store it in the power units for continuous use. Perfect for tiny homes, living off the grid or supplying your power needs when the power goes out. Choose from All solar systems or Solar and wind together. Perfect for off-grid living, tiny homes, camping, power outages, and more!
Solar Generator Basics: When you run on solar you are essentially running on battery power the entire time. So, the biggest factor to determine what you need to run an appliance, lights, etc.. is not just the wattage that is needed. It is the battery power you need to run continuously with solar or wind charging it. Think of the battery like you would the fuel that goes in a gas generator only the fuel comes from the sun or wind. The batteries are like gas tanks and you need enough of them to support your needs.
See the Top 5 Solar Generators for 2023
Here are some answers to common questions answered on the most popular Solar Generators:
- - Yes, The solar generator can be charged while in use.
- - 3600 watts max - The wattage indicated is the Maximum wattage that is supported for each unit- For Example, 3600 watts is the max for the Natures Generator Elite and the Ecolfow Delta Pro
- - Watt-hours is the measurement of battery power. A good rule of thumb is to have 2400 watt hours of battery to run a refrigerator for 24 hours with solar charging. For example:1200 watt-hours is the number for Natures Generator per battery in the generator and the pods. The Ecoflow Delta Pro has 3600 Watt hours in the generator and in the Delta Pro Smart Extra Battery,
- - Example: For a full-sized refrigerator to run for 24 hours with solar charging the Elite Platinum would be needed from Natures Generator ( the extra pod is needed to support this) or the Delta Pro by Ecoflow.
- - The NAtures Generator Elite generator can take up to 300 watts of solar or 3 panels and up to 2 wind turbines (150 watts each)
- - The Delta Pro Can take up to 1600 Watts of Solar.
- - We cannot recommend using other panels or batteries than what we recommend on the site or batteries as it may damage the unit or void the warranty.
- - The Elite generator weighs about 120 pounds. This unit comes with a wheel kit.
- - The Ecoflow Delta Pro Weighs just over 100 pounds- It comes with wheels
- - The NAtures Generator Elite Generator pods weigh about 95 pounds
- - Panels of different wattages should not be used together. If you use a 100-watt panel use more 100-watt panels to increase the solar input
- - Can the generator run at 3600 watts consistently? Yes, It can run at full wattage. However, it will only run for the time that the battery allows. If you run a solar generator that supports 3600 watts at full capacity it will go through 3600 watt hours of battery in one hour. For example, if you ran the Ecoflow Delta Pro at 3600 watts it would run for 1 hour before needing to be recharged. You can add more batteries to support a longer run time.
The most common need during a power outage is the refrigerator. Below is an example of how we compute the power needed to run a refrigerator. The same computation can be used with any appliance, light, pump, etc...
The refrigerator only burns electricity when cooling. So the 6 hours below is only the compressor run time. Assume it only runs 50% of the time.
|(Volts times amps equals watts)||(Watts x Run Time = Battery Watt-Hours Needed)||Solar generator Battery|
|Volts||AMPS||Watts||Hours of run time on one full charge||Watt-hours Used||Battery Power in Watt-Hours||Total Battery usage %||ITEM|